Our Aims & Values
Show Pride, Reach for the Stars!
Our aim at Aston Lodge is to develop confident children with the skills and mindset to make their mark in the world. Every child is a somebody as they arrive at Aston Lodge and they will be an even better somebody when they leave. We are developing a place where everyone matters and everyone feels valued and safe.
We are a team together, adults and children alike. We have fully involved all stakeholders in developing our new mission statement and feel that it reflects our ethos of children being at the centre of everything we do.
Our vision is to help children become happy, self-confident, independent and responsible learners. We will work together with parents and our school community to help children achieve their potential by providing a nurturing, caring and safe environment where we respect and value each others’ strengths and differences.
We expect every child to:
- Attend and arrive on time
- Wear the appropriate school uniform
- Be ready to learn and have the appropriate equipment (e.g. book bags, PE kits)
- Show respect to all adults and other children
- Contribute positively to the lessons
- Complete set homework tasks
- Take pride and care in their work and complete tasks to the best of their ability
- Show respect for property and equipment
- Manage their own behaviour allowing themselves and others to thrive and learn
Children will develop a sense of pride in their work and achieve their full potential. every child will have their talents and successes recognised and rewarded. Developing children’s attitudes and attributes are at the heart of what we do.
We believe that by working together with parents and carers, we can nurture children to show PRIDE through recognising and developing the following:
We will ensure that all children aim high and REACH for the stars by developing the skills they need for a positive and successful future through showing:
We passionately believe that to develop every child to fully meet their potential, we must offer a broad and balanced curriculum. This should enable learning across all subjects, whilst developing children’s life skills, including their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. Each child can then use their learning effectively and successfully.