Attendance and Punctuality Monitoring Process
- Attendance and Punctuality are recorded on a daily basis
- Parents or carers must contact the school to advise if your child will not be attending and to explain the reason, for example, illness, medical appointment or holiday. This will then be recorded on your child’s record
- If we have not been informed of a reason the school office will attempt to contact parent or carers to ascertain the reason. If contact is not made the child will be recorded as having an unauthorised absence
- If a child is late for school the reason for lateness will be recorded on the child’s record along with the amount of school time missed
- Levels of attendance and punctuality are periodically monitored and discussed with the Educational Welfare Officers from the Local Authority. If absence or punctuality falls below an acceptable level the following stages will be actioned accordingly
Statement of Intent
Aston Lodge Primary School is committed to the continuous raising of achievement of all our pupils. Regular attendance is critical if our pupils are to be successful and benefit from the opportunities presented to them. Please support the school in its aim to raise the standards of achievement for you child by ensuring that they attend school regularly and arrive on time.
One of our basic principles is to celebrate success. Good, punctual attendance is fundamental to a successful and fulfilling school experience. We actively promote 100% attendance for all our pupils and we use a variety of termly and annual awards to promote good attendance and punctuality.
Whilst we would like all children to have 100% attendance, we realise that this is not always possible. A guide to attendance which explains the impact of having time off school.
The Governors, Headteacher and Staff in partnership with parents have a duty to promote full attendance at Aston Lodge Primary School.