Please see menu options below for the current menu offered at Aston Lodge Primary School. There are four choices of meal per day including a hot meat-based dish, a hot vegetarian option, a jacket potato or a sandwich.
The sandwich choice comprises of a cafeteria-style lunch pack with a sandwich, piece of fruit, biscuit/cake slice and a drink.
There are three weekly menus and these are rotated – please see the dates at the top to confirm which is operating on a certain week.
School meals are currently FREE for all FS2 and KS1 pupils.
School meals for KS2 pupils are charged at £2.18 per day. With effect from 7th November 2017 all school meals are to be paid for using the ParentPay system and must be paid for in advance of the meals being taken.
For more information regarding parent pay please contact the office.
We urge all parents to have their children stay for school meals.
Free School Meals
Your child is eligible for Free School Meals if you get one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run- on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
How to apply
If you think you might be eligible for free school meals, submit a claim via RMBC’s website. The information you provide will be used to check if you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit and, if you are on Universal Credit, that your earnings do not exceed the threshold. If you claim Universal Credit, your earnings will be assessed from up to three of your last Universal Credit assessment periods. If you are eligible, RMBC will notify us. Your child will receive free school meals and the school will receive extra funding.